In May I celebrated my 50th Birthday.
For me, each birthday is a time for reflection. I am fortunate that my birthday falls towards the end of May which is almost halfway through the year and gives me a focal point to the goals I set at the beginning of the year. Becoming 50 is a milestone and I look back and think wonder where has the time gone.
I thought I would share some of the things I have been reflecting on recently:
- Life is quite simple, but sometimes I think we are intent to make it complex. and can be a mix of hoping on the future and trying to unravel, understand, explain or dwell in the past. Stop wishing my life away and live in the now.
- My children are grown up and some of them even have children on their own. I love being a grandmother it brings me so much joy to hear the word ‘Nana’ coming out of my Grandbabies mouths as it is a reminder of my journey through life.
- Society wants to tell me how to behave as a woman and especially how I should behave as I age. Don’t be afraid to challenge what society dictates and live my life on my terms.
- Self-acceptance is one of the keys to a happy life.
- Looking after myself and self-care continues to be a priority for me.
- The quality of my life, creating wonderful memories with my husband and loved ones and doing more of what makes me happy is important to me.
- Raising my vibration, deepening my spiritual practice, becoming more visible in my business and serving others more.
- Making moves make better use of my time and of course having more fun are all things that I am currently focusing on.
Although in this post I write about me becoming 50, I want you to, at no matter what age you are at, focus on how you can live a more fulfilled life.
Let me know in the comments what you will do or have done to achieve this.
Until next time