In May I celebrated my 50th Birthday.
For me, each birthday is a time for reflection. I am fortunate that my birthday falls towards the end of May which is almost halfway through the year and gives me a focal point to the goals I set at the beginning of the year. Becoming 50 is a milestone and I look back and think wonder where has the time gone.
I thought I would share some of the things I have been reflecting on recently:
- Life is quite simple, but sometimes I think we are intent to make it complex. and can be a mix of hoping on the future and trying to unravel, understand, explain or dwell in the past. Stop wishing my life away and live in the now.
- My children are grown up and some of them even have children on their own. I love being a grandmother it brings me so much joy to hear the word ‘Nana’ coming out of my Grandbabies mouths as it is a reminder of my journey through life.
- Society wants to tell me how to behave as a woman and especially how I should behave as I age. Don’t be afraid to challenge what society dictates and live my life on my terms.
- Self-acceptance is one of the keys to a happy life.
- Looking after myself and self-care continues to be a priority for me.
- The quality of my life, creating wonderful memories with my husband and loved ones and doing more of what makes me happy is important to me.
- Raising my vibration, deepening my spiritual practice, becoming more visible in my business and serving others more.
- Making moves make better use of my time and of course having more fun are all things that I am currently focusing on.
Although in this post I write about me becoming 50, I want you to, at no matter what age you are at, focus on how you can live a more fulfilled life.
Let me know in the comments what you will do or have done to achieve this.
Until next time
Award winning/Life Coach/Author/Blogger/Speaker/Radio Presenter
Sonia supports women to get unstuck, jumpstart their lives and get their sassy back so that they can live the life of their desires.
Passionate about supporting women to live their best lives, Sonia’s is often invited to speak and contribute on a number of radio shows, speaking platforms and articles.
A housing professional, wife, mother of 4 and grandmother, Sonia believes that sometimes the simplest mind-set and lifestyle changes have the biggest impact on living a balanced and happy life.
Sonia offers life coaching tools, wellbeing tips and inspiration on her lifestyle blog.