Do you ever look back at your week and wonder, what did I actually achieve in the last few days?
In this post, I am sharing how to set your week up for success.
Sometimes we look back at our goals and realise we have not progressed with them and quite often it is because we do not plan when we are going to take action to achieve them. You may have heard me say this before if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Not only do we not plan, but we also procrastinate. Many of our big goals will not be accomplished in one hit, but rather by small intentional steps over a period of time. Therefore, it is our day-by-day, week-by-week and month-by-month actions that determine whether we achieve those goals or not.
Many of you ask me how to get things done and be more productive?
The following are some tips to help you:
- Let your calendar be your best friend, whether it’s a physical calendar or a digital one, you need to have a place where you plan and log all the things you have to do.
- Carry out a time audit – A time audit can show you what you are actually spending your time doing. Over the next 7 days write down everything you are doing in 30 minutes or 1 hourly slots. For this to work, you have to be very detailed. Include things such as sleeping, cooking, eating, time at work, travelling, bathing etc. Where are you wasting time watching Tv? Mindless scrolling through social media (ahem this is me.. Lool).
- Make a time slot for everything and write it down.
- Write a list of things that you need to do than schedule when you will do it. Even include those fun things and hobbies. If it’s not written down then it may not get done.
- Have one day a week where you spend dedicated time resetting and preparing for the week ahead. I choose Sundays for this. I do tasks like washing my make-up brushes, reading, paint my nails apply a facemask etc. But I also reflect on my productivity for the past week and check-in on what I had on my list to do and where I am with that list. I have to brutally honest with myself when I look back on what I intended to achieve for the week and what I actually achieved. I also use this time to set goals and intentions for the week ahead.
We have to take ownership and responsibilities for our own actions. Let me just remind you here, it’s never about managing your time, time management is a myth, you can’t manage time, you can only manage yourself. Remembering this helps me to keep in mind that I am in control of what I spend my time doing and everything that I do is a choice that I make.
You either make progress or you make excuses. Your best life is here for you, you just have to create it.
Let me know if you will implement some of the tips above or share what you use to set up your week for success.
Until next time.
Award winning/Life Coach/Author/Blogger/Speaker/Radio Presenter
Sonia supports women to get unstuck, jumpstart their lives and get their sassy back so that they can live the life of their desires.
Passionate about supporting women to live their best lives, Sonia’s is often invited to speak and contribute on a number of radio shows, speaking platforms and articles.
A housing professional, wife, mother of 4 and grandmother, Sonia believes that sometimes the simplest mind-set and lifestyle changes have the biggest impact on living a balanced and happy life.
Sonia offers life coaching tools, wellbeing tips and inspiration on her lifestyle blog.