Hope you are having a wonderful week.
This post is just a reminder about a time of the day that most of us take for granted, our lunchtime.
What could you do to claim back your lunchtime. Yes that hour or half hour that you get in the day is special and very important.
It is so alarming to see so many do not take their lunchtime break. With increasing demands at work many opt to skipping lunch or eating their lunch over their computer keyboards in an attempt to meet deadlines and targets. Lunchtime is very important, not only a time to get sustenance but also to take a break from the craziness and reduce stress.
Most employment contracts state that lunch breaks are unpaid. So why are you not making the most of them? That time is yours and amount to approximately 240 hours a year.
What could you do with 240 hours?
Here are some tips to help you make the most of your lunch break and improve your work/life balance.
- Eat a healthy and wholesome meal – mindfully, meaning to appreciate every mouthful, without rushing and being grateful for the food that is serving your body.
- Sit outside
- Go for a walk
- Find a quite space
- Make a call to friend or family member – Show somebody how much they mean to you.
- Plan a holiday
- Book a spa treatment
- Learn a language – You could spend a few minutes a couple times a week to teach yourself that language you always wanted to learn.
- Meditate or deep breathing – You may have a prayer room or a quiet space at work, take advantage of it.
- Practice tai chi or yoga – (in the park is good, weather permitting of course)
- Go to the gym – Many gyms have 30 mins classes. When my children were younger I used to go to the gym in my lunchtime for a lunchtime workout.
- Have lunch with a friend.
- Enjoy a steam/sauna – I used to find 15 mins in the sauna at lunchtime was great for pain management.
- Read a book or magazine.
- Have a spa treatment – such as a manicure, pedicure, massage or facial.
- Go for a run – Many workplaces now have shower facilities on site.
- Watch something funny on you phone or tablet – laughter is good for the soul and is a great way to reset for the afternoon at work.
- Make time for a Hobby such as knitting.
- Use some of these minutes each week to take steps to reach a life goal.
- Visit a local place of interest, such as a museum or exhibition.
- Visit www.meetup.com for some interesting groups and meet-ups near you.
- Complete a crossword or puzzle.
I would love to hear how you will be taking back your lunch break or share what you currently do at lunchtime in the comments below.
I have put together a free guide to help you reach your goals. In this guide I take you through step by step process on how to get from where you are now to where you what to be. Many have used this guide with great success. If you have not done so already just go to the box above and fill in your name and email details and I will send to you immediately along with my weekly posts and tips.
Until next time
Award winning/Life Coach/Author/Blogger/Speaker/Radio Presenter
Sonia supports women to get unstuck, jumpstart their lives and get their sassy back so that they can live the life of their desires.
Passionate about supporting women to live their best lives, Sonia’s is often invited to speak and contribute on a number of radio shows, speaking platforms and articles.
A housing professional, wife, mother of 4 and grandmother, Sonia believes that sometimes the simplest mind-set and lifestyle changes have the biggest impact on living a balanced and happy life.
Sonia offers life coaching tools, wellbeing tips and inspiration on her lifestyle blog.